Contact Mantzoros & Partners on 08 8396 3143 to speak with one of our personal injury specialists. Ask about our No Win, No Fee retainer agreements.
If you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to make a public liability claim.
A claim can cover physical and psychological injuries, caused in public and private places, and includes a number of different types of accidents, including:
- Slips and trips
- Unsafe premises
- Dog bites
- Physical and sexual assaults
Public liability claims can also be made for injuries suffered in schools, playgrounds, sporting venues, amusement venues, aviation and diving accidents
If you have been involved in an accident, it is important that you begin gathering evidence straight away:
- Take photographs of the accident location (both before and after any repairs);
- Take photographs of your injury;
- Obtain the contact details of for any witnesses;
- Consult a doctor about your injury;
- Keep copies of medical records relating to your injury;
- Keep x-rays and scans of your injury;
- Keep copies of any correspondence between yourself and the other party; and
- Keep a record of your out of pocket expenses and receipts
If you have suffered because of another person’s negligence you may be entitled to compensation.
The compensation you receive could cover you for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- past and future loss of income
- damages for pain, suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life
- personal, domestic or nursing assistance provided by agencies or sometimes without charge by family or friends
miscellaneous out of pocket expenses, including home modifications