At Mantzoros & Partners we primarily operate on a “No Win, No Fee” basis. This means you have access to expert legal advice without the worry of paying upfront legal fees.
How does it work?
Under the No Win, No Fee arrangement, if your claim is unsuccessful you may not need to pay any legal fees.
We record our costs throughout the life of your file in accordance with the Supreme Court Scale of Costs. Some lawyers may attempt to claim a percentage of your compensation as their fees or add a ‘finance fee’ or ‘risk uplift’ or ‘success fee’ to their invoices. Mantzoros & Partners Lawyers do not. There are no hidden costs or surprises.
Is it available in all cases?
Mantzoros & Partners Lawyers offer No Win No Fee arrangements for all areas of compensation law including:
- Motor vehicle claims
- Workplace claims
- Asbestos claims
- Public place claims
- Medical law claims
- Superannuation and Insurance claims
- Military law claims
- Comcare claims
However in some cases, such as complex medical law claims, you may be required to contribute to the upfront cost of the initial investigative reports. We will assess and discuss with you any likely additional costs before you agree to be our client.
The No Win – No Fee arrangement is generally not available in non-compensation claim cases such as criminal, family, employment law or commercial litigation.
Can anyone ask for No Win – No Fee?
We offer No Win – No Fee arrangements on a case-by-case basis. Before we will accept your case on a No Win No Fee basis we must be satisfied that:
- Your claim has legal merit
- Without the arrangement you could not afford to take legal action
- You are fully aware of any likely costs to prepare and run your case
- You are informed of the risk of paying the other party’s costs if your claim is unsuccessful. This is a potential risk in all litigation.
What are Mantzoros & Partners Lawyer’s obligations in a No Win – No Fee arrangement?
We will set out the conditions for the arrangement in a written Fee and Retainer Agreement which you will need to sign before we start work on your claim.
The Fee and Retainer Agreement also sets out our obligations to you, the client, which in general terms are to:
- Work on your claim in a prompt, efficient and professional manner
- Regularly inform you of the progress of your claim
- Consult you before any special or unusual expense is incurred
- Advise you if and when our estimate of your legal costs changes substantially.
What are my obligations in a No Win – No Fee arrangement?
Under a No Win – No Fee arrangement we ask that you, in general:
- Tell us openly and honestly everything that is relevant to your claim and let us know of any material change in your circumstances that might impact on your claim
- Fully co-operate with us and do everything that we reasonably ask
- Accept and follow all reasonable advice that we give you. But, if there is a dispute about whether our advice is reasonable, we both agree to accept the opinion of an independent barrister agreed between us, or, if we cannot agree, one nominated by the law institute or society in your state
- Retain Mantzoros & Partners as your lawyers until your claim is finalised.
In most matters, additional expenses charged by others are incurred to progress your claim, including fees charged by doctors, specialists, hospitals, Government authorities, experts, Barristers and Courts. They are called disbursements and are not included in your legal fees. We may ask you to pay these fees, either directly or through our trust account, during the course of your matter. Disbursements which are reasonably incurred are normally recoverable from the other side.
You should be aware that if your matter proceeds to Court and you are unsuccessful, the Court can make an Order that you pay your opponents’ legal costs. So that you are not put in this predicament, we constantly monitor and review your claim.
At your free initial consultation with a lawyer, we will fully explain our costs structure and provide you with a Cost Agreement which clearly sets out all information. Contact us now on 8396 3143 or by email to discuss whether you are eligible to sign up on a No Win, No Fee basis.